the Greater Detroit Sunfish Club (GDSC) has released their 2013 Sunfish race schedule (you can find it with additional information posted at their Yahoo Group). you can also check them out on their Facebook page.
this year is also the 50th anniversary of the GDSC!
- April 28th – Maceday Lake (only a month away!)
- May 19th – Watkins Lake
- May 26th – Watkins Lake [10:30am start!]
- June 9th – Sailing & Rigging Workshop @ Big Lake
- June 29th & 30th – Lakeport State Park – a camping & sailing weekend with an Open Regatta. sailing this year will be based at Armstrong’s Resort in Lakeport.
- August 17th – Portage Lake
- this one is part of the Scowfish Invitational (Sunfish & MC Scows)
- August 31st & September 1st – Tawas Bay – a camping & sailing weekend at Tawas Bay on Lake Huron (launching from Timber Lane Resort‘s beach)
- September 22nd – Watkins Lake
- October 6th – Big Lake
all Sunday races start at 12:30pm [uno]
the Sailing & Rigging Workshop day is planned to be:
a day of teaching-learning for sunfish sailors. Topics suggested include rigging strategies, maintenance, repair, practice starting. Bring your boat and whatever lines, parts, and tools you think you might need
I said this last year, and didn’t get a chance, but I’m again going to do my best to meet up with this group for some races this year. it’s shaping up to be a pretty busy summer already, though!